As a direct result of the Obama release from GITMO program, now comes word that one of the leaders in the terrorist attack was released in 2007.
From FOX News:
Intelligence sources tell Fox News they are convinced the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was directly tied to Al Qaeda -- with a former Guantanamo detainee involved.
That revelation comes on the same day a top Obama administration official called last week's deadly assault a "terrorist attack" -- the first time the attack has been described that way by the administration after claims it had been a "spontaneous" act.
"Yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy," Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, said during a Senate hearing Wednesday.
Olsen echoed administration colleagues in saying U.S. officials have no specific intelligence about "significant advanced planning or coordination" for the attack.
However, his statement goes beyond White House Press Secretary Jay Carney and Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, saying the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate was spontaneous. He is the first top administration official to call the strike an act of terrorism.
Sufyan Ben Qumu is thought to have been involved and even may have led the attack, Fox News' intelligence sources said. Qumu, a Libyan, was released from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in 2007 and transferred into Libyan custody on the condition he be kept in jail....
There is more about this Benghazi attack - with video - and about this terrorist who has also been linked to 9/11.
As anybody with hallf a brain cell knows, released GITMO alumni more often than not return to their killing ways.
Long overdue for the MIC et al to quit with the rhetoric and call a spade a spade, or in this case, a terrorist what he is, and their murders of our citizens exactly what they are: terrorists.
As PJ Media says:
Reconciliation with Islamists is impossible.