Friday, November 26, 2010

B*N*S*N3

My favourite stories are troops coming home. This one qualifies:

1/11 returns from Afghanistan in time for Thanksgiving

SSgt Raymond Johnson
















by Cpl. Paul Basciano

1st MarDiv: MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. –


Families, friends and fellow Marines filled the stands in the Las Pulgas gym –some held signs, while others talked nervously of plans for the holiday weekend.

Everyone flocked outside as word of the Headquarters and Service Company, 1st Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment and supporting staff bus arrived here, Nov. 23, ending their seven-month deployment to Afghanistan.

“I’m ecstatic that my brother is coming home,” said Spring Fisher, sister of Staff Sgt. Raymond Johnson, sensors chief, Target Acquisition Platoon. “He’s my rock. When he was gone, I didn’t have a shoulder to cry on.”...


There is more on this wonderful story over at War on Terror News here. Go read it NOW!


No comments: