Thursday, August 6, 2009

Freedom Of The Press...

Little Drops.....Into the pool of life is a blog site that I don't get over to often enough. When I do, I always find gems worth sharing. What follows is one such post:

Monday, August 3, 2009

Freedom Of The Press...

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
~~~~~John F. Kennedy



A former Marine Gunnery Sgt. friend (yep, we call him Gunnar) sent me a few non politically correct cartoons that were in featured in Australian newspapers. I enjoyed the satire behind those cartoons, mainly due to the fact that they hit upon the truth as they saw it. Sadly, here in the states we've become so sensitive to the feelings of those in power that we have created for ourselves a form of censorship. I don't care what you call it, being PC is just another form of BS.

What happened to the days where each person could state his mind without fear of ridicule from the masses? It seems like now if you disagree with our politicians that you are labeled with a derogatory name in some way or another. As I've heard my Daddy state many many times...


To see what her Daddy has to say, and check out the cartoons, go here. Do I need to remind you to bookmark that site? No, I didn't think so. It is in my blogroll over there,>>>>> for the very simple reason I love what I find there, every time I visit.

1 comment:

K-Dubyah said...

:) Thank you dahling...Thank you. I'm so glad that you enjoy your visits.