Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Milbloggie Awards make it official: I DO support US Military!







"I proudly stand up next to you, and defend her still today. Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the USA.. "


The 5th Annual Milblog Awards (The Milbloggies) are in the finalist voting stages. This site is one of the finalists in the US Military Supporter category!

I know some have already voted for Assoluta Tranquillita. Thank you. Your job is not done yet, though. You still have more voting to do. From War on Terror News:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Best Military Reporter & Other Milblog Nominations

War On Terror News is honored to have been nominated and selected to compete in the "Best Reporter" category of the annual "Milblog Awards." We face some stiff competition. Susan Katz Keating is an awesome supporter of the Military, who educates the world on Cold War History, while explaining it's meaning in context. She's been on our link list for longer than I can recall.

Jeffrey Schogol, aka the Rumor Doctor, has a helluva platform to get the votes out at Stars & Stripes. He's one of the good guys, even if we've gone head to head on the correct spelling of Teufelhuenden. (It's Devil Dogs, not the devil's pets.)

Michael Yon has a rabid fan base, which we can't match. We don't have fans. We have readers. Personally, I like it that way. I don't want fans to spur me on to destruction. I want readers and friends and contacts, that will tell me if I step over the line, and coax me back onto the straight and narrow.

But making the voting round, as an underdog, is not our greatest achievement. It is much more satisfying that most of our own nominations have made it. I'm going to guess about 90% of my nominations made it to the voting round. One of the best things to come out of the Milblog Awards is finding new blogs, that I hadn't yet discovered. I've already found one that I like. Look around the finalists and you may find a few too! Here are the nominations we put in, or those we would have, had someone not beat us to the punch:


Be sure to check out WOTN's recommendations for voting HERE. You might see at least one or two you recognise..


Then GO VOTE, please. You are voting for Assoluta Tranquillita and WOTN, aren't you? No, I won't 'threaten' anyone with the infamous pom poms - which are always locked and loaded - but to remind you why any of us keep blogs going, here's one of my favourite videos, for one of my favourite Gold Star Moms (and Jason):




Everything I do, I do it for you...It really IS that simple..

No comments: