Monday, June 23, 2008

A real army wife speaks!

A real army wife's response to Obama

Army wives. For a huge part of the American population, "Army Wives" is the name of a prime time show on television. Unless you are connected to the military, as a viewer you will have no idea how accurate the portrayal of Army life really is.

However, REAL army wives - oh, you know those who LIVE the military life, day in, day out - are very aware of the inaccuracies, of the absurdities of what is portrayed. And yes, most army wives are very politically aware.

Brenda Freeman is one such army wife, and she is one pissed off wife. Freeman, who has been an army wife for 35 years as her husband has fought for the US, has a dose of her own reality she is dishing out. Freeman sent me the following:

I watch a bit of television. Most all of it is History Channel, Science Channel, Discovery Channel, and so forth. Brain Food I call it. I do not like reality TV of ANY kind, or soap operas. Last time I checked, an Opera was comprised of musical talent and a stage, neither of which Soaps contain.

However, I do keep track of nonsensical programs that try to mimic military life or military drama. I mostly do this to pick it apart, and either blog it to death, and write nasty grams, or send posts on their web sites through the roof pointing out all of their flaws and oversights and errors. Hey, I get my kicks occasionally. (shrug)

So... the latest on my list is Army Wives. It is on Lifetime Channel. Yea yea yea so what. The point is, I watched it all season last year, and it was "ok" with a few things wrong here and there, I overlooked them.

This year is off to an odd start, and I have sent only ONE email complaining that an American Soldier would NOT blow himself up in defiance of a problem - regardless of PTSD, he would shoot a M**F**ker first, "one and done" type deal. HADJI's and terrorists are the chicken Shiites that blow themselves up! Get the SCRIPT RIGHT dumb asses! I hate writers sometimes -

But last night I was pissed. No, pissed doesn't begin to describe my mood. It was beyond pissed. I can't even find a word for it still.

BETRAYED fits....



To see what Brenda is soooooooooooooo pissed off about, you have to go here to NewsBlaze. And yes, is up on my first 'home' Tanker Bros blog, too...:) Trust me, you don't want to miss the real goods, from a REAL army wife. And no, is probably not what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have time to leave a comment, I have to go use my breathalyzing inhalator. Maybe I can get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Don

PS Brat and Brenda, great post.

Anonymous said...

"Breathalyzing" inhalator! LOL Somebody has been watching the news clips! Thanks to real Army wife for the great article, and thanks for speaking out. We need more people to do that.
Great blog, Brat!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Great post Brat. I couldn't have said it better, but I could channel this woman's sentiments! WTG fellow Army Sister!