Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Video: Obama 'skips' Iron Lady's funeral? GOOD!


It seems some people have their knickers in a knot because POTUS (nor any of the current MIC administration) will be at Baroness Thatcher's funeral.

For the record, I am thrilled that none of the current mob will be attending, because maybe this means the focus can stay where it should:  on Margaret Thatcher....

I have no inside sources, of course, but I suspect that Margaret Thatcher herself is laughing at the indignation over the *snub* supposedly dealt by the absence of Obama and his usual overly ostentatious entourage.  Me?  I am delighted he is staying home.  To me, it is appropriate that the US be represented by two from the Reagan era, secretaries of state James Baker and George Shultz.

Daily Mail has more here. 

IN the meantime, from what has been announced as part of music that Mrs Thatcher chose for her funeral, one of my all-time favourites


2 comments:

Carol Bishop said...

Beautiful

Carol Bishop said...

I am also thrilled- he doesn't deserve to be invited.