Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Love Never Dies"

"Love Never Dies" is the basis of my life philosophies. It seems it is now also the name of a stage play that opened in London (the real London) last night.

Andrew Lloyd Webber is the creator, and this is apparently the sequel to Phantom of the Opera. I saw this with the original cast in London long ago, and far away. The Bratchild and I got awesome seats, and had a wonderful evening. Great memories.

I hear this morning that the reviewers/critics are not being too kind to the sequel so far. What do they know?

Never mind. Take a listen to the beautiful original:



Are you singing along with me?


...Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendour
Grasp it, sense it - tremulous and tender
Turn your face away
from the garish light of day,
turn your thoughts away
from cold, unfeeling light -
and listen to the music of the night ...

Close your eyes and surrender to your
darkest dreams!
Purge your thoughts of the life
you knew before!
Close your eyes,
let your spirit start to soar!
And you'll live
as you've never lived before ...

Softly, deftly,
music shall surround you ...
Feel it, hear it,
closing in around you ...
Open up your mind,
let your fantasies unwind,
in this darkness which
you know you cannot fight -
the darkness of the music of the night ...

Let your mind start a journey
through a strange new world!
Leave all thoughts
of the world you knew before!
Let your soul take you where you
long to be !
Only then can you belong to me ...

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication!
Touch me, trust me savour each sensation!
Let the dream begin,
let your darker side give in
to the power of the music that I write -
the power of the music of the night ...


:)

No comments: