Sunday, June 19, 2011

Every Day Heroes: Gold Star Dads

Last year, on Father's Day, I wrote a column which I ended with this:

My own list of special fathers who are always in my heart is long. It would take a biiiiiiiiig book to acknowledge them here, but they all know how I feel about them, today and every day.

You can read the rest of that here.

One such special dad is Robert Stokely. A Gold Star Father, Robert often shares his heart's journey with us all. Over at BlackFive, they have printed Robert's latest as he reflects on Father's Day: Father's Day for a Gold Star Dad


Robert's final paragraph says:

[...] And for the next six weeks, I will spend a lot of time on my front porch gazing at the Moon over..... How could I be such a blessed father? Nothing I could have ever done or will do can justify such blessing. Truly there is a God who loves me unconditionally. ...


To find out why Robert will be spending the next six weeks on his front porch gazing at the Moon, go now.

If you read nothing else today, read what Robert has to say here.

Robert is an Every Day Hero to me. WE are blessed.

No comments: