(courtesy Politically Incorrect and Proud of it)
Another day, another crisis in the BHO playbook. The latest unemployment figures in the US reach 9.2% and BHO meets behind closed doors for 'emergency meetings,' ready to blame everybody but his own administration for current financial woes in America. Of course, anyone paying any sort of attention knows full well that 9.2 is not the real number, and that the blame lies squarely with the Dems who, during the last 2 years of the Bush administration, dragged their collective heels.
Today in America unfathomable numbers are being bandied around about the US National debt (what exactly are trillions?) and Obama does his usual 'the sky is falling' routine, and insists that if the Republicans don't play nice by HIS rules, then, come August 2, America will be in serious default for their debt load.
America has gone from 'shovel ready' jobs, to massive bailouts of Government Motors, banks etc etc, and other industries, to cutting off Pakistan's $800m aid (and if you really believe any of those, I have a bridge to sell you. Oh wait! ) In case you missed it, BHO is also looking at cuts to America's defense budget, at a time when the US military is fighting the Global War on Terror in at least three areas. (That would be combat roles, no matter what advise and assist label the pols try to stick on their missions.)
And just as with ObamaCare, GM, the banks (feel free to add your own favourite bailed-out industry) BHO is milking the current crisis for his own political agenda. Nothing new here. As the number of Americans unemployed and on food stamps escalates at dizzying speed, BHO closes the doors - again - on the promised 'most transparent government ever,' as the media plays along and trumpets the imminent demise of America.
Again, nothing new. Was sent a couple of interesting articles last week, and they are must reads to keep in mind as this latest crisis of an 'unexpected' dismal showing is allowed to spiral out of control under Obama's watch. From 2008:
The Cloward-Piven Strategy, Part I: Manufactured Crisis:
But no matter what issue one examines, over the last fifty plus years, the liberal prescription has almost always been a failure.
Why is this so? Why does virtually every liberal scheme result in ever-increasing public spending while conditions seem to get continually worse? There are a number of reasons:
- The programs usually create adverse incentives. This is especially true in so-called “anti-poverty” programs. The beneficiaries find government subsidies a replacement for, rather than a supplement to, gainful employment and eventually become incapable of supporting themselves. This in turn creates a dependent culture with its attendant toxic behaviors which demand still more government “remedies.”
- The programs create their own industry, complete with scads of “think tanks” and “experts” who survive on government research grants. These are the aptly named “Beltway Bandits.”
- They create their own bureaucracies, whose managers conspire with interested members of Congress to continually increase program funding, regardless of merit.
- Members of Congress secure votes and campaign donations by extorting them from beneficiaries of such programs, either through veiled threats — “vote for me or those mean Republicans will wipe out your benefits” — or promises of still more bennies.
In short, all develop a vested interest in the program’s survival. But if the result is always more and more government, of government, by government, and for government, with no solution in sight, then why do liberals always see government as the solution rather than the problem?..
Much more of this must read, here.
Am reminded of the Ronald Reagan quote that goes something like:
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
The current Democratic-led government in the US obviously has NO clue - or genuine incentive - on how to even begin turning around this impending financial collapse of America.
With that in mind, I have a few helpful suggestions:
1) Do NOT raise the debt ceiling. EVERY household in any country knows that raising the debt ceiling does not work. Even without a PhD in Economics, it should be obvious that this is a no-brainer. Borrowing more money to fuel/energise the economic engine - from individual household to a country - doesn't make it so. Broke is broke.
2) Raising taxes does not work. When more than 40% of a country's taxpayers are not paying ANY taxes, raising taxes on those who are contributing, does not create new jobs - shovel ready or not. The US government has proved it has no idea how to be fiscally responsible, so taking more taxes out of the pockets of consumers, is nuts.3) Fiscal responsibility: There are many government programs that should be discontinued, cut off, that would save gazillion dollars. I know that BHO is scaring some by saying that any program cuts would first affect the old and infirm of America. That is just scare tactics, as there are many other programs that could be cut right now, without jeopardising the seniors who made America great. Even a fast glance through some of the government programs shows there are many programs that should not get one more dollar from the taxpayer, without touching the seniors' (or defense) programs, if BHO and cronies had the political will - a genuine desire to harness America's greatness (refer to above article links.) Programs to be cut must include all state politicians' pet projects that they have bought votes with, as they snuffle up, repeatedly, to the trough of tax dollars. Cut them all off.
4) Since charity, and fiscal responsibility, begins at home, ALL politicians in America, on every level (starting with YOU, BHO) should immediately lose ALL their taxpayer funded benefits and take a pay cut. From what few financial records I have seen, none of the DC mob need the exorbitant salaries or bennies they grasp as their constituents lose jobs, houses and any financial security they may have had prior to the Dems taking over the country's purse strings. Time for every politician to share in the economic pain being felt across the land.
5) Cut off ALL foreign aid. The list of countries who get US foreign aid is mind-boggling. The countries who get US taxpayer dollars - and for what? - is more than outrageous. In Gaza alone, whilst the world media repeats the false and worn out meme of how deprived and living in abject poverty they all are, somehow the terrorists in their midst still seem to find a few shekels left over to buy sophisticated weaponry to shoot rockets into Israel on a daily basis.
They really don't need US dollars, and neither do any of the other countries who plead poverty, yet always seem to have enough money to fund their own militaries. STOP all foreign aid now.
6) Ask the International Monetary Fund for a loan. If it's good enough for Greece, Portugal, Ireland, etc etc., surely BHO can find it within himself to go - cap in hand - and bow and scrape to yet another world bureaucrap? We have all seen how expert he is at the bowing and scraping. Time to use that 'skill' for America. Interesting reading on the IMF here.