Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cookie Jar Update

From CJ:
Cookie Jar Update

As I reported on the New Years, the “Red Bulls” of the 34th Infantry Division were surprised with a Christmas package of cookies and fresh, cold milk.

I want to share with an email from one of the Soldiers that was a recipient of that good will from America. When you don’t think that your efforts in supporting our troops by sending or contributing to the sending of care packages, read this:

THANK YOU FOR THE MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got the milk on Dec 26th. Ryan was out on convoy, so I had to keep it a surprise for another 4 days before he could know. I was expecting 1 gallon for him…I didn’t know I was getting milk too! What a wonderful surprise! We got a total of 5 gallons I think.

When he got home from convoy, I brought him to my office and made him close his eyes. The I gave him a glass of milk and told him he had to drink it without smelling it first…(he didn’t like that part). He was SO surprised when he tasted it! He drank a whole jug of it that night before we left the office! Our little secret….he almost had tears in his eyes when he tasted it! He couldn’t believe it was “real” milk. He actually ate Oreos with that jug of milk. He said that it was the “bestest Christmas present ever”!

I shared the milk with the guys in the office and SPC Willsey drank a jug all by himself. He said that when he was home on leave he drank a gallon a day because he missed it so much over here. He is going to write you to see if you could send him some as well, I think. I gave him one of the customs slips that has your address on it. Ryan’s commander took a jug and wrote his name all over it so that no one would drink it. We put 2 other jugs in the fridge for community property…they lasted about 3 days.

To answer your QC questions:...


And to find the answers? Go here. Thanks, CJ!

No comments: