Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Marine widow's immigration bill passes Congress

You may remember Marine widow Hotaru Ferschke. I last wrote about her, and her baby son, here:

Baby Mikey Ferschke and his mother need YOUR help


A Marine's Japanese widow is fighting to raise her son in the nation her husband died protecting. Hotaru Ferschke and Sgt. Michael Ferschke had a proxy wedding, filing marriage papers after he deployed. He was killed in Iraq. Now U.S. immigration refuses to acknowledge the marriage. Here, Hotaru Ferschke stands with her mother-in-law, Robin Ferschke, and son Mikey. (source)

Robert Stokely, Gold Star Father, and my friend, sent out the following email to a few of us the other day:

I can not add to what this story says except to say where I come from you don't mess with our women and you don't mess with our children. How can our government possibly, even remotely, do this. We must fight, and I mean literally fight if need be, for this wife and child, for a Hero died to give us not only the right, but the duty to do so.

My boy was a CAV Scout; my great great grandaddy was a cavalryman himself. I am not. But, I can yell charge and will fight. CHARGE!!!!

Join me.

Robert Stokely
proud dad SGT Mike Stokely
KIA 16 AUG 05 near Yusufiyah Iraq
USA E 108 CAV 48th BCT GAARNG

And I am joining this fight. Others have already. Over at BlackFive, they have the story up, with information on who to contact, and how we need to resolve this issue....


That's the background here, and many have been watching closely to ensure that this widow and child, of one of our fallen heroes, are allowed to make America their home.

I recently found this update:

Marine widow's immigration bill passes Congress

No comments: