Monday, November 17, 2008

A Message To Wake up America Readers [and mine!]

Sometimes, even as a writer, I find words inadequate. Over the last few days I have been made aware of information that left me speechless. On Wake Up America - here - today, I find this:

Below I will be showing Radarsite's post from last night, but before I do, let me take a moment to mention a few things.

Roger Gardner is a contributor here at Wake up America and writes for his own blog called Radarsite and he contributes to quite a few other blogs as well.

Over the last year and a half, I have come to understand Roger is a great American man, in his 70's, lives alone and works tirelessly writing and trying to do his part in bringing information he believes is important to readers across the web.

I have watched Roger building his blog, tried to help answer questions when he was learning about blogging, helped to show him how to add videos and small things like that over the last year and a half, and was amazed at how fast he was able to learn how to network, how to advertise, how to add his own touch and feel to each of his pieces.

He has taken to blogging like a fish to water and took off at a dead run and never stopped, sometimes working throughout the whole night many times with more energy than those of us decades younger could possibly find.

From Radarsite:

A message to my Radarsite readers



Dear loyal Radarsite readers --
This is a strange message for me to be writing. But it must be done. But how? What can I say? I think I'll just say it up front. Two days ago I got diagnosed with acute leukemia. It is considered "lethal". I have been told that it could come to an end in as short a time as 2 weeks. I have been allowed to come home for one night before I go into the hospital tomorrow for chemo. If I survive the first week, things could get better, if I survive four weeks thing could really get better. However, as of now the first prognosis does seem the most likely. I think we all wonder how we might react to news like this. At this point I can tell you that I am in a good mood, and I have accepted it and I have nothing but gratitude that I have been allowed to live this long, and to have found such a fulfilling mission this late in life....


I, personally, do NOT believe that this will be Roger's last post. But as always, what he says is a MUST READ! Please read this great American's words. Spend some time at his site. Sometimes, we all ask ourselves if what we do makes a difference. For Roger, that answer must be a resounding "YES!"

Please keep Roger in your prayers as he fights - and wins - this battle. Thank you...

[I tried to do the trackback thingie. Seems I still haven't figured that out yet...]

3 comments:

Susan Duclos said...

Thanks Brat. I will email again and show you how to do the trackback thingie...

All my prayers are with Roger now.

Northstar96sc said...

Prayers sent up for Roger.
With Love,
Carol
South Carolina

K-Dubyah said...

Brat,

I, too know the absolute power of prayer... It's the only reason I'm still here on God's green earth.

Rest assured Roger will be on my prayer list. May God hold him close in the coming weeks.