Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Your mission - continued!

From Yankeemom comes this:

“Yes, you listen but that is as far as it goes.”

Those of you who read my blog on a regular basis (thank you! I love the company!) know that Greg of Greg Notes Is my webmaster and good friend. I started reading his blog when he was in Iraq and followed him through his time there, his coming home and his (thankfully) recovery from cancer. When I found out he did all that html stuff (that confounded this computer challenged blogger), I contacted him as I wanted to get off the free wordpress and get a webpage of my own. Working with him on this has led to a wonderful friendship ~ and a neat blog. (He has been able to undo so many of my Uh Ohs that could have shut me down real good. Even though he swore a bit and made me promise not to never, ever go into certain areas on my theme editor.)

Well, Greg is in the middle of some real hard times and needs your support. He has a post up at his blog that you all need to read, please:

We are home, we receive Disabilty, Where is our help now?

Written by Greg Anton
Thursday, 23 October 2008 16:04

I usually do not do this on the front page of Greg’s Notes but these are circumstances that have to be addressed here and now.

Bare with me as I write this for I am in a state of Chaos and my mind jumps from one thing to another. I will try to explain but cannot get into great detail. I want to start by saying this, “I am going through a great deal. I am in a legal battle and I am fighting for my Son.”

They say: Welcome home. You are a Disabled Vet. We are here to help you through your recovery and to help you get you Disability Payments started that are due to you for your service.

We say: Great! I need the help because I am not sure what to do. Thank you.

They say: Ok, you have recovered and you are not getting your Disability Payments. You are at 80% Disability and your check will be a little under $2000.00 a month. Glad we could be a service to you.

We say: Thank you again.

Here is where it gets tricky. You end up splitting with your spouse because she has decided to find someone else. She moves out. You keep your child. She then snatches your son from your home. She hits you with her vehicle as she tries to escape. She refuses to let you see your son. YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY!

You pick up the phone call the VA and you hear, “We do not provide legal aid.” But wait! What was the legal aid before? That was to help you get your benefits. After that you are on your own....

There is something so wrong with the way our vets are treated in situations like this. Go read the rest of this at Yankeemom's here, and see what YOU can do. Thank you.

No comments: