Monday, March 23, 2009

Gutfeld's 15 minutes are UP!

It is being reported - by the CBC no less - that Gutfeld of FOX has apologised. I am going to give you the apology verbatim(as reported by the CBC, anyways.):

Fox host apologizes for mocking of Canadian Forces

Last Updated: Monday, March 23, 2009 | 2:53 PM ET

"The March 17th episode of Red Eye included a segment discussing Canada's plan for a 'synchronized break,' which was in no way an attempt to make light of troop efforts," host Greg Gutfeld said in a statement issued Monday.

"However, I realize that my words may have been misunderstood. It was not my intent to disrespect the brave men, women and families of the Canadian military, and for that I apologize.

"Red Eye is a satirical take on the news, in which all topics are addressed in a lighthearted, humorous and ridiculous manner," he added...

Check out the whole story on CBC online here if you must. It shows that 700 comments have been left on the story. As has been pointed out in various places, this show is on in the middle of the night and really has no influence at all. Apparently Gutfeld and his cronies are 'not ready for prime time.' Oh, and no, I cannot find anything on Fox site re an apology. But never mind.

Too late for him to try and spin the comments made on that episode as being "misunderstood." From all I have read the last day or so, there has been no misunderstanding. The only person who miscalculated, misunderstood, was Gutfeld and his post-midnight minions. Boo-frickin-hoo! As far as I am concerned, Gutfeld's 15 minutes of notoriety are OVER. I refuse to waste any more time on this excuse for a very little person, who is NOT typical of the well-informed articulate Americans I know and love. As far as I am concerned, Gutfeld is now persona non grata.

Move along, folks. That show is over..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT!!!

Never should have happened in the first place, no words can undo what have already been spoken!! Especially in this case!

BFree said...

And I repeat myself....
I watch Fox News quite often, but NEVER the Red Eye program, simply because its a bunch of blathering idiots, 'has been' hollywierdos, and opinionated fools. They do no such 'reporting' or any kind of journalism, and really its a waste of decent news time.