Sunday, March 13, 2011

From the Brat Archives: Keeping Watch Part 2

Was going through the Brat archives over at Tanker Bros yesterday! Came across the very first post I ever did in the milblog community, and decided to share it here. For me, it is a reminder of how far I have come - how far we have all come - and how far we still have to go:

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Keeping Watch Part 2

Today I joined the ranks of Tanker Bros bloggers...:) To say it is a surprise to me is an understatement! But...I have learned, often times in life you have to step up and support what you believe in. So here I am!

I DO support the men and women in the sandbox. They all know this. I support - is what I do, and why I volunteered to support THIS blog, and these particular soldiers.

My role here will be support. MG and I are still discussing that one ;)

The way I see it, we are ALL stewards/caretakers on the home front while our troops (and yes, that includes the Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Brits, Germans etc) do their part.

Until they all come home, I will be "Keeping Watch". THAT is MY mission.

Thank YOU MG, Cav Tanker. I got your backs...with love.


I am STILL keeping watch, still paying attention, and YES! Still supporting ALL our troops - and their families. With love.


... I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep...


No comments: