Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Liberal Washington Post Columnist, Richard Cohen, Asks 'What Has Barack Obama Done' That Is Admirable?

Richard Cohen, never known as a conservative or conservative leaning writer is taking some harsh criticisms for asking the question that many of us has asked time and time again.

What has Barack Obama actually done?

"Just tell me one thing Barack Obama has done that you admire," I asked a prominent Democrat. He paused and then said that he admired Obama's speech to the Democratic convention in 2004. I agreed. It was a hell of a speech, but it was just a speech.

On the other hand, I continued, I could cite four or five actions -- not speeches -- that John McCain has taken that elicit my admiration, even my awe. First, of course, is his decision as a Vietnam prisoner of war to refuse freedom out of concern that he would be exploited for propaganda purposes. To paraphrase what Kipling said about Gunga Din, John McCain is a better man than most....

And there is more on this question, over at Wake Up America. Go read the rest here.

No comments: