The Army sniffer dog who swallowed a Taliban bomb... and SURVIVED
Some dogs will try to eat anything - but for dogs like Toby, based in Afghanistan with the military, swallowing things on the ground can be extra dangerous.
Last week Toby ate what experts think may have been an explosive.
After ingesting the toxic substance when sniffing out Taliban improvised explosive devices on the front line, he was picked up by a medical emergency helicopter and whisked back to Camp Bastion.
Off duty: Army sniffer dog Toby back at camp and doing well
First aid: Toby being administered oxygen on the way back to Camp Bastion
Army vet Captain Matt Clark gave him oxygen through a child's mask during the journey.
Toby was then treated on a drip with charcoal to soak up the poison and given drugs to control the swelling on his brain, which was causing fits.
Just 24 hours after the incident, Toby was in good spirits.
Capt Clark told ITV News: 'He's a lot perkier now thankfully. He's had something to eat, he's had something to drink for himself so things are certainly looking up.'
Feelin' lucky: Army vet Captain Clark (right) says Toby is 'perkier...things are looking up' - he had suffered fits as a result of ingesting the poisonous explosives.
And thanks to my pal Sylvia, who *somehow* knew I would love this one. *Woooof*