Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Harry Reid loves our troops

(courtesy DBKP)


NOT! Anyone paying attention knows very well what Harry Reid (D-Nevada) really thinks of his country's troops. Long before Obama demonstrated disdain for our military (except when needed for another photo-op,) members of the military watched as Reid showed - time and again - how little respect he has for our fighting men and women, our heroes.

Back in April 2007, I wrote a public missive to Dingy Harry over at Tanker Bros:

Sunday, April 22, 2007


"Let's Be Personal"

(Picture taken from here)

Dear Harry:

I feel I can be this personal and informal with you, because over this last week I feel like I have come to know the real you. With your few words of "the war is lost," you showed us all exactly who you are. Now we all see your true colours (yellow? naaaaah, that's way too easy for me. lol) But Harry, I have to tell you, I have taken what you said about MY troops - OUR troops, - VERY personally.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit I AM a foreigner. Yep, 'tis true, but nevertheless I AM part of the Coalition that is fighting this 'losing' war as you declared so foolishly.

BUT, because of your foolishness, (and yes, you really ARE a fool, and worse, but I'll get to that in a minute) I owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude. Why, you may ask? Oh in so many ways, Harry. First, because of your few words I have learned so much more than I already knew about your great country. As I was reeling from your most un-American behaviour, and your gall in declaring this war 'lost' while MY troops are giving their all, and by the way gaining victories every single day, I have been following all the commentary from your countrymen and women. Because of the proud Americans who were so outraged right along with me, at your cavalier pronouncement, I have learned more about the political system, and the history of your great country, than I knew before, and I thank you for that.

One of the first things I learned this week? That by aiding and abetting the enemy, you have committed treason - not just by the definition of the American codes, but by international standards. Yes, I learned the price for free speech can be a high price to pay for opening your mouth and proving you are an ignorant moron. It's called treason. Oh, I am sure you didn't think for a moment that your words would reverberate as far as they did, but it seems that the old saying "What happens in Vegas (or the Senate) stays in Vegas" doesn't hold true anymore. Since you opened your mouth, our enemies have been gleefully playing, ad nauseum, clips of you declaring that we have "lost" this war. Well done, Harry. It seems to me that your knowledge of statemenship, diplomacy and even military history and strategy is about as great as my knowledge of US geography. Dismal at best. And yes, I am being too kind. It seems to me that you are going to need all the kindness you can find. Maybe try Iraq or Iran - you seem to be their new best friend.

So we have you pegged at treason. Oh, and if you really have no clue what that means, I suggest you try any number of sites, just as I did this week. It seems that "ordinary" Americans (and no, to me not one of them is actually 'ordinary', but I digress) have a far greater understanding of your great country, and it's laws, than you do. For instance, over at WakeUpAmerica, after a post on your behaviour, someone commented thus:


I cannot state it any better than this vet has:

As a retired Marine officer, I am shocked at the blatant treasonous statement made by an elected "leader" of this country.

The definition of treason is:

1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

2. A betrayal of trust or confidence.

His words can have a very harmful affect on the troop's morale in the field and clearly will embolden the enemy.

Can anyone imagine if a "leader" gave the signal to the world that the United States is giving up during any engagement in WWII and endorsed a surrender strategy even before a plan was allowed to be executed?

It is not only unpatriotic, and cowardly, but it is treasonous! He may be directing his hatred at the President but clearly his words aid the enemy.

God help this country! [This was a reader on Michelle Malkin's site who I will get to in a minute.]

OR THIS ACTIVE MILITARY SOLDIERS:

I am an active duty Army National Guard officer serving with the 55th Civil Support Team, Minnesota’s WMD response team. I have not deployed to OIF/OEF yet but spent two tours in Croatia and Bosnia with Operation Joint Forge. Here is my short, concise email to Senator Reid:

USC Title 18, Part I, Chapter 115 § 2381. Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

What more is needed to be said?

Since YOU are not an active military soldier Greg, you cannot speak to how Reids public words, being the majority leader in the senate, is making them feel....only THEY can.

And they are.

spree


And yes, Spree has much more to say over there, about what America means. Spree in just two posts, shows a respect, a love, of your country and its citizens, that you apparently lack. I know you will have lots of spare time very soon, so I suggest you go educate yourself here.

I read a lot this past week, and discovered what a great history your country has. Thanks for that, Harry. I am so proud of our troops, always, but not surprised, given the fine history they come from.

Take a while and maybe learn a thing or two about your great country. While you are there, read all the comments from your "fellow Americans" that clearly say exactly what they think of your treasonous behaviour. Eloquent, and to the point. I am ashamed for them, because of YOU, Harry.

This letter, Harry, is entitled "Let's be personal" for more than one reason. Those words originally were used by another Canadian (a journalist...lol) who was horrified and outraged at the way your politicians "lost" the war in Vietnam for your fellow countrymen. So outraged was he that he dashed off a two page script that resounded around the world, much as your words have this past week. BUT Mr Gordon Sinclair was ashamed for your countrymen. He is dead now, but I imagine he would have the same harsh words for you that he had back then for your predecessors.

It is a long and powerful piece of work, and I suggest you return to WakeUpAmerica here to read it all, but some of it really resonated with me:...


I had a lot more to say to - and about Harry Reid (as well as writing lyrics for his very own song!) - and included some personal comments from American servicemembers. You could say I was on a Brat Rant here.

A friend of mine sent me a Reid campaign ad the other day that reminded me what Reid truly thinks of our military. In these few weeks left before the November midterms, even a casual observer of the shenanigans can smell the fear arising from the Democrats.

From Senate Conservatives Fund comes this gem, an attack ad on Sharron Angle:




(H/T Mike)

Be sure and watch VERY closely, especially around the 10/11 second mark:

"...sick of ...greedy veterans and their fancy pants health care..."

Excuse me? 'Paid for by friends of Harry Reid'...

It is well known that I am not as knowledgeable as many of my American friends about your politicians, but I know a slap in the face when I see one. I also know that Harry Reid does not - has NEVER - supported our troops.

Harry Reid, along with his 'friends', smells a big defeat coming in November. As we get closer to the 2nd, expect to see more desperate ads like this, where YOUR employees show their true colours.

PAY ATTENTION!

No comments: