Thursday, January 29, 2009

Letter from a Reserve Soldier
















I think my regular readers know that I have often posted pieces written by boots on the ground. It is my belief that we MUST listen when our troops speak; through their words, we learn simple, and yet, great truths.

Today, I find a letter written by a Reserve Soldier of the IDF. I found it on A Soldier's Mother's site.:

An Open Letter to A citizen Of Gaza:
I Am the Soldier Who Slept In Your Home

By: Yishai G (reserve soldier)

Hello,

While the world watches the ruins in Gaza, you return to your home which remains standing. However, I am sure that it is clear to you that someone was in your home while you were away.
I am that someone....


At a time when the Hamas media machine is trying to tell us that the army that distributed leaflets to warn Gaza citizens of upcoming IDF actions; telephoned citizens to give them prior warning, are murderers of innocents, (sounds familiar to most of us!) it is important for us all to hear the words from this soldier's heart.

At a time when some in the international community try and paint these young patriots as guilty of war crimes, it is vital that we get the truth out to the world.

If you read nothing else today, please go read what this soldier has to say. His words, from his heart, ring so clear and true to me, and you can find them here.

No comments: