Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh, one more thing!

In the 2008 Weblog Awards, I *know* you are all voting daily for Knee Deep in the Hooah! in the Milblog category.

I would like to draw your attention to another category, while you are over there:

Best Hidden Gem (Authority between 0 - 50)

I only just found that one a couple of days ago (that's how well hidden it is!) and I found a name that I have been reading - on and off - for some time.

Susan Katz Keating's profile says (in part):
...but I still major in the dynamics of national self-preservation. Who plans to harm us? Who works to protect us? How does our society enable or hamper the opposing efforts? My views are based on a clear mindset: I believe in protecting and preserving this nation, and in honoring and supporting those who have picked up the mantle of national defense. I also believe in maintaining a strong military, and in making proper use of military force.
With those views in mind, I'll use this space to present investigations, advocacy, peeks into the past, and gossip on a need-to-know basis. Tips are welcome. Comments, too, but keep 'em clean. The young'uns are reading....

You can find her blog here, and it is well worth the read! She is in the Best Hidden Gem category, so I am asking you to add your vote for her. You can find the 2008 Weblog category page here. Scroll waaaay down to the bottom, to find the Best Hidden Gem voting page.

Then, I suggest you visit back to Susan's site often, to read her well-informed, articulate writings.

Thank you!

ADDED from comments (Thanks, KYW):

Oh, prayers requested for her (Susan's) daughter who is undergoing emergency surgery today....if you would be so kind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Her blog is, indeed, a gem. I have added her to my favorites. Thanks for pointing her out!

Sylvia

K-Dubyah said...

Brat Dahling!
I thought you knew this already! I'm sorry I should have mentioned Susan being in the running at the Weblogs Awards. Have been voting every day! The Pitchfork Brigade has to watch the backs of the others, ya know? Oh, prayers requested for her daughter who is undergoing emergency surgery today....if you would be so kind. And I know you are.

The Brat said...

Ooooooh my! Prayers on up - and will add this to my actual post. Thank YOU! Keep me posted, please..

Susan Katz Keating said...

Brat, Thank you SO MUCH. I appreciate the kind words about my blog, but most of all for the prayers for Erin.

I am happy to report that I just talked to the surgeon. He said she did well through the surgery, and will stay overnight for much needed rest. Please continue to pray for her recovery.

Thanks, too, to Ky Woman (best of the best), and to Sylvia!

Anonymous said...

Brat, you and KY Woman always amaze me! You two have got to be the most incredible networkers of the blogosphere (conservative, good-looking, smart side that is!)

K-Dubyah said...

Ohh but, Miz Claire,
How else am I gonna find any friends? It's not like they are lining up at my front door...

So's I just does whats I gottsa do.

Brat, do you think we is good as Miz Claire says we is?

Esactly what does she mean? :)

LOL, I love the blogosphere!! Family and friends abound!

The Brat said...

rofl at KYW!

"...the most incredible networkers of the blogosphere (conservative, good-looking, smart side that is!)"

THAT'S what Miz Claire means, KYW! And of COURSE we is every bit as good as she says.:)

Sheeeeesh, woman!