Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Remembering Bowe Bergdahl


One year ago today, Bowe Bergdahl became a POW/MIA:



(source)

At the time Pfc Bergdahl went missing, there was all sorts of wild speculation as to the 'how' and the 'why.' We cannot know, for sure, what happened, but what we do know is that one year on, Bowe is still MIA. The most recent video was broadcast in April, 2010:



(source)

"The very last thing is, just let me go. Get me to go, just -- release -- get me to be released because it's -- this war isn't worth the waste of human life that it has cost both Afghanistan and U.S. It's not worth the amount of lives that have been wasted -- the amount of life that has been wasted in prisons -- Guantanamo Bay, Bagram -- all those places where we are keeping, you know, prisoners. I'm a prisoner. I want to go home. You know, the men -- the Afghanistan men who are in our prisons, they want to go home, too. It's -- just let me go. Get me to come home. Release me. Get -- you know -- every day I want to go home. The pain in my heart to see my family again doesn't get any smaller. Get me -- release me. Please. I'm begging you. Bring me home. Bring us all home, back to our families, back to my family. Please. Bring me home. Please. Bring me home." -- Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl


Whatever the truth of the matter, this soldier needs to be home in the US. Period.

No comments: