Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Memo to Obama 2


A reader sent this to me. Full disclosure: In its first version that Carol forwarded to me, this did have someone else's name on it, with instructions to share it everywhere. I asked Carol to verify, and confirm that I could use it. Unable to find the original writer, Carol told me that this writer articulates exactly what she believes. So she adjusted, and added to it, to mirror her own firmly held views. She is not alone as I have heard many echo these concerns. Read on:

My name is Carol Bishop. I am a 50 year old conservative white female. I have followed your campaign closely, including the speeches you and others made at the democratic national convention.

I am respectfully providing you with seven simple (probably shallow) reasons why I could never vote for you. I believe my opinion is shared by many people. While there may not be quite enough to prevent you from becoming president of this nation, I do think there is an awakening to the fact that you are not a (the) messiah that the media and liberal Hollywood entertainers are trying to portray you.

1. I hear your mantra of change, change, change. Yet, you picked a long term, liberal, Washington insider (Joe Biden) to be your running mate. This is NOT change. It is a move that hypocritically refutes the
very thing you supposedly stand for. Your campaign then slammed McCain for picking Sarah Palin, apparently, because she is NOT a Washington insider. She is a maverick who cleaned-up Alaska 's quagmire of political scandals. Which way is it, Barack? Is it okay for you to pick a Washington insider under the mantra of "change", but not okay for John McCain to pick a smart, aggressive, reformer?

2. You have the single most liberal voting record in the senate. This indicates to me and others like me that you may very well be an angry black man seeking to punish our country for sins of a different generation.
I am not racist. I have some biases just like you and every other human alive. Unlike the democratic party who claims to be for the minority (but their record heavily refutes this), I will give any person who truly
needs help, help. I am of Italian German heritage and a second generation American. I have seen the evils of prejudice first hand. However, I have also seen my family throw off the veil of self imposed prejudicial bondage and move ahead. We love our country and do not view ourselves any different than I view myself as a citizen of this country. Your lovely wife so disappointed people like me during this campaign when she stated it was the first time she had ever been proud of this country. She apparently never noticed the massive aid we give dozens of other countries. She apparently never noticed the sacrifice of literally millions of veterans who helped make this country a free nation and helped liberate other nations from brutal dictators such as Adolf Hitler. She apparently does not remember that she attended ivy league universities with scholarship money that ultimately (at least some of it) was paid for by our taxes.

This troubles me more than you know. She is an angry black woman who appears to not like her country very much. * I don't want her representing me to the rest of the world.

3. You claim Christianity but apparently do not realize that the Bible teaches that he who does not work, does not eat. The Bible does not say or even suggest that he who *CANNOT* work, should not eat. Yet, your
liberal policies reward people who are capable of working, but choose to not do so. This bothers me. I know that if you are elected our taxes will spiral upwards.

You should heed the words of Winston Churchill:

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

If I like anything about you, it is your campaign promise to balance the federal budget. Unfortunately, we have heard this a huge number of times from a number of different politicians and we realize that when you
energize the very liberal Nancy Pelosi, Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, etc, etc, and the many other democrats like them, a balanced budget will never, ever happen on your watch.

4. During your question and answer session with Rick Warren of Saddleback Church your answer concerning the question of where does life begin, stunned me: "Above your pay grade" ???? Does this mean when something bad happens as President of this nation that you are going to look at your salary to determine if you can respond? I am sorry, but this was the most serious gaffe I have seen you make. Frankly, it shows me that you are pandering in the most obvious manner. You will choose your words not from your heart, but from an agenda that I believe is still hidden from the American people.

5. If anything stands out about you it is probably your appeasement mentality. In this era of rampant, radical Islamic extremism and with the latest stunt pulled by the re-energized Russian government, I am
not sure appeasement is healthy. I again refer you to the words of Winston Churchill:

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

6. You and your party tacitly believe that a 13 or 14 year old girl must have the parents approval to have the school nurse provide them with a Tylenol when they have a headache at school. Yet, this same girl can become pregnant and the school can skirt her off to a clinic and abort the child in her body without the parents knowing or being notified. This scares the hell out of me. You have two little girls. Would you be upset if this happened to them and you were not informed? Then why do you stand for this? It makes no sense to me.

7. My seventh and final point (for now) is your supporters. I have watched the Hollywood entertainers that support you, systematically embrace Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and others like him. I see the continuous
smut and garbage produced by Hollywood , the very people who promote you the most vigorously. It is n ot a positive point to me and others like me to see these over-paid, bizarre, poor examples of human existence fawn over you and push you and your liberal agenda as hard as they do. The way that I see it: When the devil is for you, we should question whether or not we should be against you.

In closing, I just want you to know that you scare me. I cannot vote for you. It is not because of your skin color. It is because these items and many, many others like them. Do not claim that my dislike for you is race
based. It is because I do not feel you have the best interests of this nation - MY nation - at heart.

Respectfully,
Carol M Bishop
South Carolina

*cross-posted everywhere...lol*

3 comments:

Maggie Thornton said...

RCP

This explains the feelings of many - including me. If the man's voting record can't be examined, and decisions made from that, then what good his experience.

Maggie

KSS said...

Amen Carol, Amen! There are millions who feel the same way and I have seen it articulated a number of different and equally as eloquent ways, and it really comes down to this:

We know Obama has a resume printed on onion skin, his most note worthy accompuishment to date is two books about...himself.

Legislatively or academically he has done nothing of any note, despite having ample time and opportunity to do so.

If, God forbid, we are attacked again I really do not want a man in office who votes 'present' and freezes when his teleprompter goes down. What the hell is he going to do when the chairman of the joint chiefs says "Mr. President, we have confirmed hostiles inbound"?

Sorry Barry, that too is *way* above your pay grade!

www.americanarmed.blogspot.com

MB said...

Don't feel like responding to the whole thing, but here goes:

1. Being a long-time senator does not impede one's ability to make change. No one senator can make any major changes on their own. Oh, and good job buying into the GOP's rhetoric on Palin, she is not a maverick reformer who cleaned up Alaska. She continued to request many earmarks (Alaska has the most earmarks requested of any state), didn't say "thanks but no thanks," and fired two advisers because of personal issues that had nothing to with their job. And, Obama has never said anything bad about Palin.
Hey, and doesn't Senator McCain say he wants change too? Well, he's been in the Senate for over 2 decades, so that must make him unable also by your logic.

2. "Angry black man" IS a stereotype. Being liberal does not equate with being angry. This is a clear case of shoehorning Obama into a negative stereotype.
Hey, isn't McCain known to have a fiery temper at times? I guess that would make him an "angry white man." How is that worse than being an "angry black man" again?


Also, comment above says Obama has done nothing noteworthy academically or legislatively. LOL.
If nothing else, Sen. Obama is academically accomplished. He has a B.A. from Colombia, was president of the Harvard Law Review, and graduated with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude. Legislatively, he has done far from "nothing of note" also. The major bills he introduced or sponsored can be seen here" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama#Legislation

IN SUMMARY, THIS BLOG IS FILLED WITH POLITICALLY IRRELEVANT CONSERVATIVE RHETORIC, HYPOCRISY AND IGNORANCE.