Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ronald Reagan: "wearing a dress"

The conventions are over, and the pundit hacks of the msm, and the left and right wing blogs are overflowing with opinions. ("msm" and "analysis" in the same sentence didn't seem to work for me...lol) One opinion piece that caught my eye is by Micheal Reagan, President Ronald Reagan's son. The full quote excerpt that I take my title from is:

Welcome back, Dad, even if you're wearing a dress and bearing children this time around.

September 5, 2008

Welcome Back Dad

Michael Reagan

I've been trying to convince my fellow conservatives that they have been wasting their time in a fruitless quest for a new Ronald Reagan to emerge and lead our party and our nation. I insisted that we'd never see his like again because he was one of a kind.

I was wrong!

Wednesday night I watched the Republican National Convention on television and there, before my very eyes, I saw my Dad reborn; only this time he's a she.

And what a she!

In one blockbuster of a speech, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin resurrected my Dad's indomitable spirit and sent it soaring above the convention center, shooting shock waves through the cynical media's assigned spaces and electrifying the huge audience with the kind of inspiring rhetoric we haven't heard since my Dad left the scene.

This was Ronald Reagan at his best -- the same Ronald Reagan who made the address known now solely as "The Speech," which during the Goldwater campaign set the tone and the agenda for the rebirth of the traditional conservative movement that later sent him to the White House for eight years and revived the moribund GOP....


Amidst all the "noise" of the post-election 'experts', I highly recommend you go read the rest of what Michael Reagan has to say here.

No comments: